Here Are The Ingredients That Are Helpful In Reducing Signs Of Aging
Anti-aging is a term that’s usually more loaded than most other skincare-related issues. With our society putting a premium on retaining that youthful glow, we can see a new anti-aging product every other day as people rush to grab the brand new entrant that will help rid them of wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines, you name it!
How do anti-aging skincare products help?
Potent anti-aging ingredients are replete with benefits that can help manage various aging-related skin concerns. As we age, our skin loses volume. Our cells are not as round, plump, and firm as they used to be, and our epidermis, dermis, facial fat, and even facial muscles experience a change in tone and volume.
Before choosing anti-aging products, it’s crucial to differentiate between ingredients that help and those that only make baseless claims. We must understand that even though anti-aging is one such area of skincare that constantly sees innovations, there are a few ingredients that have been here for ages, a tale as old as time. To help you navigate them with ease, we combed through the far ends of the skincare space and compiled a list of ingredients that might help manage anti-aging signs.
Natural Ingredients For Anti-aging
Synthetic ingredients can manage the signs of aging just fine, but there are natural alternatives that provide the same benefits without making you wonder if the products are safe for your skin. Natural ingredients get absorbed quickly, do not clog pores, promote cell regeneration, and moisturize the skin.
5 Ingredients That Help Reduce Signs Of Aging
The common signs of aging include wrinkles, dark spots, dullness, sagging, and age spots. Even though no product can miraculously take years off your face after a few applications, you must follow a routine religiously.
Your anti-aging skincare regime should include steps to
- address moisture retention and hydration
- enhance suppleness
- promote cell regeneration activities
- protect from stress
If you want to keep signs of aging at bay the natural way, take a look at the following ingredients:
Licorice contains several active ingredients that offer your skin some gentle love. Let’s take a look at some of its benefits.
- Licorice root extracts are rich in Glycyrrhizin, an excellent source of antioxidants. Glycyrrhizin has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce itching, irritation, and redness (1). These antioxidants also protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays when used topically.
- They protect the skin from free radicals, thus reducing dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
- Glabridin present in licorice has skin lightening properties that give you a youthful glow,
- Licochalcone A is an active ingredient in licorice that strengthens your skin by enhancing its defense mechanisms. It controls oil
- production in your skin, thus managing acne while also delaying the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Sesame oil is packed with powerful antioxidant constituents known as sesamin and sesamol, which help in retaining that youthful glow. It has the following benefits:
- It helps prevent the appearance of pores and wrinkles on the skin.
- This oil works as a natural youth-preserving compound that helps enhance the skin’s elasticity while producing collagen.
- It is rich in vitamins B complex and E, well-known ingredients in the skincare space. They help soothe rashes and fade scars while giving your skin an even tone.
- Sesame oil is suitable for all skin types, whether dry, sensitive, or acne-prone.
- It has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
Sandalwood is especially rich in antioxidants and help your skin in the following ways:
- It helps fight free radicals that lead to age-related skin damage.
- It helps reduce dark spots and dark circles.
- Sandalwood has astringent and antiseptic properties, which help clean the skin pores and reduce inflammation.
- It helps manage certain skin conditions like eczema and acne.
- The antioxidants present in sandalwood help maintain the texture and buoyancy of the skin.
- Sandalwood provides moisture to the skin and reduces dryness.
- It boosts elasticity and keeps the skin from sagging.
Besides its mesmerizing beauty, the floral extracts of lotus help reduce the visible signs of aging. The major skincare ingredient plays the following roles:
- The lotus flower and its seeds are rich in potent carbohydrates like oligosaccharides that help in cell regeneration while stimulating the production of cytokines. Cytokines help maintain the normal processes of collagen and elastin, giving your skin a firm, youthful appearance.
- They help reduce acne, irritation, and redness.
- Lotuses act as emollients. They moisturize, soothe, and hydrate the skin while managing dry, scaly, and itchy skin conditions like eczema.
- The leaves, roots, and petals are rich in powerful antioxidants, polyphenol, flavonoids, and vitamins. They protect the skin from free radicals and help prevent wrinkles.
- Lotuses enhance collagen and elastin production, thus significantly improving the skin’s elasticity, which means fewer wrinkles, stronger skin cells, and firm skin.
Commonly known as priyangu, the beautyberry is a potent Ayurvedic ingredient often used in skincare.
- Beautyberry has astringent properties that help exfoliate the skin gently, smooth fine lines, and prevent acne.
- It has complexion-correcting properties and helps clean and constrict pores to give a smooth, blemish-free appearance.
- It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help protect the skin and manage puffiness, redness, and irritation.
- It is rich in antioxidants that help fight oxidative stress and reduce the effects of skin aging.
While looking for anti-aging skincare products, keep an eye out for these ingredients! You must be thinking, “if only there were a skincare product that had all these constituents”, right? Well, there is! The Ozone Kanaka Taila is an effective anti-aging serum which helps strengthen the skin’s epidermal barrier to retain hydration in the deeper layers. Besides, it provides moisturization, leaving behind soft, hydrated, and nourished skin.
It is devoid of:
- Synthetic colors and fragrances
- Sulfates, paraben, and mineral oils
- Toxic chemicals, alcohols, and preservatives
This serum is made with natural, food-grade ingredients and is the perfect blend for your skin aging issues! It is THE skincare product that needs to be in your skincare kit right now!
Articles on StyleCraze are backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance.